Chronicles of a yarn farmer, shepherdess, and fiber geek!

Chronicles of a yarn farmer, shepherdess, and fiber geek!

August 25, 2009

Amos Gets a Wool Cut

I finally got to Amos (yearling ram) this week and sheared him. Because his fleece is spoken for already I wanted to remove it carefully for Beth. I manually sheared Amos and he hardly moved the whole time he was on the stand.
I think as I sheared and the fleece draped off of him, he felt cooler and figured that this wasn't too bad after all.
Amos has a lovely fleece, very soft. I sold all my other fleeces at MFF and online so Amos was the last to go. I do have one left which really isn't in a sell-able condition so I think I'll felt it and make lamb coats for this next lambing season.

Beth, this one's for you...finally!

He was so good in the stand.

(The supervisor!)

Just in case Amos acted up while in the stand, I wanted Steve to hang around in case I needed help. Ah, thanks Amos for being such a good ram!

Beth...I'll stop by the shop soon!

No comments: