Chronicles of a yarn farmer, shepherdess, and fiber geek!

Chronicles of a yarn farmer, shepherdess, and fiber geek!

August 23, 2009

New Angora Bunny

With a face like that, how could I not take him home? Saltora (Sal) is the newest edition to my small group of Angoras. He joins Striker, Dark Shadow, Rumpelstiltskin, and Goldfinger. That should be it for bunnies….ah, I think (an English would be nice :-)! Sal is 82% German and has a wonderful coat. I love his color and he is friendly, friendly, friendly! There were a lot of very nice bunnies at MFF, but Sal caught my eye. He is three months old.
I'm interested in blending BFL and Angora. My goal is to recreate yarn (as close as possible) that was used in the traditional Bohus knitted garments. It's a long shot but something to shoot for. Even though it was wool from the Finnish-Landrace sheep in the original garmets, I'll use my BFL. I'm really intrigued by the Swedish Bohus and Binge (Halland) designs.
Hopefully Sal and the rest of the bunny crowd can help me with some awesome blends.

1 comment:

Somerhill said...

I am anxiously awaiting the BFL/angora blend I sent to Deb at Stonehedge 2 weeks ago. Hopefully it will be here by late next week.

Its 1.1# of natural colored BFL lambswool (from Jillian) and 20 oz of fawn French Angora.

A friend of mine had some white BFL blended with Red Satin Angora, and its WONDERFUL!