Chronicles of a yarn farmer, shepherdess, and fiber geek!

Chronicles of a yarn farmer, shepherdess, and fiber geek!

September 13, 2008

Few More Ribbons

This is the year for spinning competitions. I entered three skeins at the Michigan State Fair and three at the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival. In both competitions I entered (for the first time) some novelty yarns. Received an honorable mention at the State fair and second place in Wisconsin...was thrilled! Novelty yarn is harder than I thought. I'll be showing off all my yarns from the summer's competitions at the Spinner's Flock guild meeting on September 13. Here's a pic of the skeins.

Now I've been spinning some white alpaca (from my herd) for a scarf for my sister's birthday. I'll post a pic when it's completed. Her birthday is October 4 so I have to keep moving on it.

No comments: