Chronicles of a yarn farmer, shepherdess, and fiber geek!

Chronicles of a yarn farmer, shepherdess, and fiber geek!

May 21, 2010

Amish Quilt Auction

Last weekend’s Amish Quilt Auction at Yoder’s Farm in Clare, MI was incredible. After looking at all the quilts hanging on racks, the auction started at 9:00 a.m. and went straight through until around 5:00 p.m. Just sitting there and looking at the workmanship, colors, and designs was an art experience in itself. Here's a link to some of the quilts during the auction. But, of course I had to bid on some. I missed a few really good ones because I wasn’t fast enough, but when the king size "Spinning Wheels" quilt was presented on the display carousel I had to go for it. And, yes, I won it. Yay! I also bid on a few wall hangings for myself and a few for future gifts (so I’ll only show the pics of the wall hanging I’m going to keep).

I am truly in awe of the hand stitching that goes into quilting these pieces. I’m going to have to find more of these auctions to go to, if nothing else just to appreciate the art work.


No comments: