Chronicles of a yarn farmer, shepherdess, and fiber geek!

Chronicles of a yarn farmer, shepherdess, and fiber geek!

January 2, 2010

Happy New Year

Happy 2010 to every that reads my blog. There is so much to reflect on over this past year and past decade, and so much to be thankful for. Going forward, many things are on the horizon this year that center around sheep, goats, bunnies, wool, fiber, spinning, dyeing, weaving, knitting, gardening, and preserving what I grow. The most immediate "to do's" are a few projects that have a tight deadline (baby shower gifts):
Just finished warping the loom for a babies blanket (25" RH loom)

Baby hat with ear flaps.
Have to knit all the way up to finish.
Finish ends on the silk scarf I wove.
Close up of the silk scarf. I love the colors.

To start the new year immersed in sheep info, we're off to the Michigan Sheep Breeders Shepherds Weekend in Lansing. With a number of informational seminars and listening to the keynote speaker, Dr. Temple Grandin, the weekend will be very interesting. I'll report back on the Shepherds Weekend next week.

Godspeed and Happy Landings!
Carol

1 comment:

Enid said...

Can't wait to see pictures of the event!. I send you a private e-mail, I hope can get to hear from you!