Chronicles of a yarn farmer, shepherdess, and fiber geek!

Chronicles of a yarn farmer, shepherdess, and fiber geek!

August 13, 2009

Michigan Fiber Festival...Here We Come!

Apollo is all ready for the sheep show at Michigan Fiber Fest.

I can't believe it's been over a month since my last post. July just flew by and was gone by the time I looked over my shoulder. We've been super busy all week getting ready to hit the road for the Michigan Fiber Festival. Nine lambs and one yearling ram are coming with us. I wished I had more time to spend with them on halter, but it is what it is at this point. Three lambs are staying behind...two that are on the small side and one that has a mind of her own.

After we get to Allegan tomorrow (or I should say today...Friday the 14th), we'll get the sheep settled in their stalls and set up everything else, I'll be heading over for an afternoon class---Hand Spinning-Orenburg Style. I've packed my support spindles and am ready to learn how to spin really fine lace weight yarn.

I'll take pictures while we're there and post an update when we return. Time to get a few hours of shut eye!

No comments: