Chronicles of a yarn farmer, shepherdess, and fiber geek!

Chronicles of a yarn farmer, shepherdess, and fiber geek!

October 14, 2010

Level 2 Homework Made it to Canada

After staying glued to the UPS website for the last 10 days, I see my box with my Level 2 homework made it to its destination in British Columbia today. Whew....I'm relieved. My fear was that it would get lost and I'd have to do a year's worth of homework again (OMG the thought).

The instructor will now review all my work, grade it, then send it back to me. Now on to Level 3 homework. I'm starting with my 50 hour project (I'll write more about that later). I have to stick to a pretty tight time frame in order to get this year's homework done BEFORE lambing/kidding starts! I got sidetracked last year with weaving and the purchase of a rigid heddle loom. This year I was ready to commit to a sweater project with my sister, but had to decline because it would take away time that I need to spend on my homework. 

Anyway, here are a few pics from my homework book:
Master Spinner Program - Level 2 Homework

Blending Exercise

Spinning Alpaca 
Spinning Mohair
Sweater Calculation Excercise
Two pages of calculations to determine how much raw wool is needed to make a sweater.
Color Blending Exercise (used three primary colors to produce nine other colors)
Braiding Exercise
Needlepoint Exercise (used BFL from my sheep)
25 Hour Project - Bag made with Lincoln Longwool


1 comment:

Tracy P said...

Great job! I've just started spinning with a drop spindle (it is not pretty), so I'm trying not to drool on the keyboard!