Chronicles of a yarn farmer, shepherdess, and fiber geek!

Chronicles of a yarn farmer, shepherdess, and fiber geek!

October 17, 2010

Day 3 - Sheep and Shopping

A good part of today was spent at the sheep show for the wool breeds. There are some very nice looking sheep. Take a look:
A ewe class. Pitchfork Ranch took the class. 
A ewe class. Pitchfork Ranch took 2nd with their BFL.
Yep, that's my DH lending a hand in the show ring.
Just a nice looking pair.
Flock class. Larson's Lincolns took the class. 
"I want to go home!"
Natural color class.
Even though it was still very crowded today it wasn't suffocatingly crowded like Saturday, so we got some shopping done, both Christmas shopping and fiber shopping. Take a look:

That's a pocket wheel and I got on the 6-month waiting list for one. It will be here next spring before I go to Canada in June. That's Jon McCoy, the wheel maker.
The pocket wheel is made of hard wood, 18" tall, weighs 6 pounds, and easily fits into a tote bag (or under the seat on an airplane). It will be great to take my own wheel to Canada for the next three years. It spins very smooth.
It's a Golding spindle! I know! I know! It's more than awesome...and it's sitting on an ounce of Qiviut that I got at the Windy Valley Musk Ox vendor.
It's another Golding. This beauty is gorgeous! 
It's called "Moon Cats". It spins like a dream.
Rhinebeck waiting to go home.
Sleepy ewe.
Monday morning starts the trek back home. Hitting the road early and hoping we don't hit any rush hour traffic, construction, or accidents.

No comments: