Chronicles of a yarn farmer, shepherdess, and fiber geek!

Chronicles of a yarn farmer, shepherdess, and fiber geek!

November 8, 2009

Weekend of Knitting and Weaving Classes

Two great classes at Woven Art (E. Lansing, MI) just happened to fall on this Saturday and Sunday, so that's where I spent the weekend. They were great classes, but my brain is fried!

Saturday was Portuguese Knitting using a pin hooked up on your shoulder which allows you to maintain tension on the yarn. You also use your thumb to move the yarn over the needle. It was very good and showed me that there are different knitting options.
Knitting class at Woven Art

My sister Ellen took the class with me.

Sunday was Double Heddle Weaving on a rigid heddle loom. Weaving with two heddles allows you to weave many different textures and patterns. I plan to catalog my projects on Weavolution. I took my new 25" Schacht RH loom to class and warped away. The others in the class wove some beautiful stuff.
My sample project.

My RH loom on its stand and sample weaving coming along.

Classmate's project

Classmate's project

Classmate's project

After two full days of classes and a head of fried brain cells it was wonderful coming home to our new sheep, our trusted ole guard llama, and all the rest of our critters.

New Lincoln bred ewes...Haley and Winnie

Puzzle

No comments: