Chronicles of a yarn farmer, shepherdess, and fiber geek!

Chronicles of a yarn farmer, shepherdess, and fiber geek!

October 1, 2009

Spinning 76 Alpacas

When I owned alpacas, I marveled each time I buried my fingers and hands in their fleece while doing chores at night. I miss that! Fortunately this past summer I had the opportunity to run my fingers through 76 alpacas....well, sort of.


As the spin off jude for the 2009 Michigan International Alpaca Fest I spent two months carding, spinning, and judging all kinds of alpacas--baby, juvenile, yearling, adult, Huacaya, Suri, fine, medium, not-so-fine, and so on...


I tip my hat to the breeders out there who are working on breeding alpacas for high quality fleece. Alpacas are truly awesome. Here are some pics I took while judging and then on display at the alpaca show (September 2009):


No comments: