Chronicles of a yarn farmer, shepherdess, and fiber geek!

Chronicles of a yarn farmer, shepherdess, and fiber geek!

October 27, 2009

Fiber Expo - Vendor Booth and Workshop

Now that I've had a chance to catch my breath after Fiber Expo, I'd like to reflect a bit. This was our first time as a vendor at a fiber event. I've been involved with many other shows, different types of show, at different levels but not sitting in a vendor booth selling our wares. We had a great time and did very well selling our fiber stuff. Breaking down and loading up on Sunday evening was quick because there wasn't much inventory to pack up...that was nice!

Here are a few pics of the shelves my DH made for the booth. He did a great job on them and they are very easy to set up and take down. We were just getting set up on Friday night.

Then on Saturday morning I taught a fiber blending workshop (while DH manned the booth). The students were wonderful and had a great time. Our class seemed to stir up a lot of interest from the general public walking by. How could it not with the wonderful blends that were created. Some people even came right into the classroom area to watch and ask questions. Here are a few pics of the workshop (more pics on my photo gallery):

We figured out a lot of "do's and don'ts" for next time. Thank goodness that I have some time to get my you-know-what together before then. And I'm sure I'll be teaching the workshop too...great fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your shelving system! Very attractive and it looks quick and easy to set up.

Erin