Chronicles of a yarn farmer, shepherdess, and fiber geek!

Chronicles of a yarn farmer, shepherdess, and fiber geek!

March 26, 2009

Leo and the Lamb

The cause of Bell's limp appeared around Tuesday night. I looked at her foot and it looked like half of a golf ball was sitting under her skin just about the hoof. An abscess. She was running a temp and I put her on antibiotics two nights prior. The next night when I checked it started to drain. Of course, I had to finish the job to get it drained and cleaned as soon as possible. OMG, that was gross. Because the break in the skin was so raw looking, I wrapped the foot for about 12 hours until the break started to fused together. Now no temp and she's hopping around like she's really relieved.

I had her in the house to wrap up her foot and Leo was very helpful in keeping her occupied while I finished up. Thanks Leo!