Chronicles of a yarn farmer, shepherdess, and fiber geek!

Chronicles of a yarn farmer, shepherdess, and fiber geek!

December 29, 2008

Corriedale Handspun, Happy Sheep, Great Wheel

Alrighty then...this post will cover three things: pink Corriedale handspun for Kristy, happy lambs and ewes, and a big Christmas surprise!

My son, Oliver, told me his new girlfriend crochets! Too cool! I spun her up some pink Corriedale top that I had in my private stash. Wouldn't that be great if she absolutely loves it so much that she wants to start spinning? O.k. just dreaming. I also put some Alpaca/BFL handspun in the bag along with some baby Alpaca handspun. O.k. I may be overdoing it....but Kristy could be a fiber fanatic waiting to happen! I hope so! The more the merrier! I hope she likes it :-)

Yesterday's weather was so nice that the sheep finally came out to walk around and just enjoy some decent weather instead of the deep freeze we've been having. The three ram lambs were nestled together in what looks like a lamb sandwich. Too cute!


And the ewes were all meandering around the pasture just enjoying the weather. And they all looked when I said "cheese".


One more Great Wheel! Very surprised on Christmas morning when I saw the Great Wheel taking up most of the living room. An antique spinning wheel buff can never have enough wheels.

Peace!

No comments: